Sunday, October 17, 2010

Acid reflux question?

i have acid reflux and i recently read somewhere that an increase of swallowing actually increases the reflux by producing some sort of bubble...i need to know if this is true because i have been thinking the opposite of this(pushing the acid down)..
please let me know, thanksAcid reflux question?
My dr told me to buy Zantac over the counter and take one when needed. It helps a lot.
No, you would be causing more air to enter,likely causing more pressure. Sitting up for at least an hour after eating is advised with acid reflux. Using gravity at it's best. Smoking is bad for acid reflux also. Doing the swallowing thing might control the flap in your windpipe,but I don't think it would help/hinder the acid reflux. My mom gets pressure so bad she thinks it a heart attack,but knows if she burps(it's more of a belch really loud)that it relieves it. Diet is a factor,spicy and acidic foods are no no's. Good luck.
I think my baby has this, its common in babies. They swallow a lot of air, making the tummy think it is full. The acid breaks down the food, normally, but in this case, it is trying to break down the air, causing too much acid in the stomach.
My way of fixing the reflux will sound simple and goofy but get some ice cream. it does great for me.
acid reflux usually happens while you are laying down has nothing to do with swallowing....put your bed on six inch blocks and this should help

No comments:

Post a Comment