Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are artificial lights stressful to the body?

I read somewhere that artificial lights are stressful to the body. That must explain why I'm always much more relaxed when there are no/dim lights on. Does anybody know why this is, or how true it is? Are there any negative effects to being in the dark all the time (I do get outside, but I prefer as little light as possible when I'm inside)?Are artificial lights stressful to the body?
That depends on the type of light. Red flashing lights have been known to trigger epileptic seizures. Florescent lights actually blink at a rate of 120 cycles per second and the brain can see that. Some people are actually allergic to this type of lighting. Artificial lights do not allow the body to form vitamin D so that is bad.
.. i think they also cause skin impurities like melasma....you might want to add it to your "why" question...

No comments:

Post a Comment