Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birth control & weight?

I have been on birth control for about 7 years now. I am only 19. I was put on it to reduce my acne and also because I was put on Accutane. I have had a problem with losing weight over the past few years and I have become curious to whether birth control has any effect on weight. I have been exercising more now than I ever have and there is no change in appearence. I carry a lot of weight in my midsection and have never been able to get rid of it. Would the birth control have any effect on my weight? Should I try a different kind? I am on ortho-tricyclene.
I have been thinking of stopping the pill to see if my weight changes. I am not sexually active so I'll be okay as far as not getting pregnant. Am I going to have any side effects from stopping the pill after this many years?Birth control & weight?
It's no problem to stop, but it will not make a difference with your weight.
I say WHY NOT??? Try it and see what happens. Good luck
three things everyone should know about the pill: it will cause weight gain.( the pill basically tricks your body into thinking your body is pregnant so you don't get pregnant)
don't smoke!
don't drink. it intensifies the effect of alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment