Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anyone have advice on how to treat bursitis of the shoulder at home?

I have pain in my left shoulderblade that radiates up to my shoulder and neck. It feels like it's a deep throbbing pain. If I keep my arm still-it helps just a bit. I can't take ibuprofen, because it makes my nose bleed alot.- I've had this before, but in my other shoulder. My arm is weak and I even have a hard time holding my 7lb dog with it. Help!!Anyone have advice on how to treat bursitis of the shoulder at home?
Go to your Dr. and let him or her diagnose your condition. Just because you have had the condition before does not mean that what is going on now is the same. It could entail much more! For a good home treatment I use apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon to a glass of water 3 times a day. I also soak a towel with 1/2 vinegar to 1/2 warm water and place on the affected area and rest for 20 minutes. Careful. Check area after the first 5 minutes to see how well your skin is tolerating the treatment. Also a good 20 minute soak in a tub of warm water and 2 cups acv helps.
There are slings you can get to hold your arm in place. Might be best to get one. Find some other anti inflammatory to take other then Ibuprofen.
This is one of the arthritis's I am diagnosed with and people do not get it when one says your arm is weak and it hurts. Keep it warm, or at least I do mine. Cold just makes it hurt more.
Hope you get to feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment