Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Anybody with a squint/lazy eye had laser eye surgery?

If so, did you need any other surgery to correct the squint before hand, or did it sort itself out after you had the treatment done?Anybody with a squint/lazy eye had laser eye surgery?
I have a lazy left eye and I have always been told that nothing could be done as it was diagnosed too late. Two years ago I developed a cataract in my right ( good) eye the left eye then became the dominant eye which led to double vision.The consultant warned me that there was an outside chance that surgery on the cataract might not be successful I was almost blind so I went ahead with the operation it took time but my long vision is now better than it was before but need strong lenses for reading which to me is acceptable. My advice is to consult a traditional optician who you trust and follow his advice. Hope this helps, good luck
I thought about it, but wearing glasses means most people don't notice my lazy eye. By the time you are old enough for laser correction, you're too old for any squint etc to correct itself anyway as far as I understand it. My son inherited my problem, so I vaguely asked the question at his last follow up appointment and they said there would be little value in it and to stick with the specs.

  • cover up beauty marks
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment